1. Personalize your Personal
Page and (if you are a team captain) your Team Page
- Log into your Participant Center and
click on the tab for “Personal page” or “Team page.”
- Though there is some sample text
there, you should feel free to put your own text or add personal stories to let
others know why you are participating in this dance-a-thon to end hunger.
- You can also post a photo and click
on the “Components” link to enable the personal blog feature. The blog will
allow you to easily update your Personal Page with progress updates!
- Telling your story will help build
connections and encourage your friends and family to contribute to your efforts.
2. Send e-mails
- Log into your Participant Center
and click on the tab for “Email.”
- Here you can send personalized
fundraising and thank you emails to your friends and families. There are sample
templates for solicitation and thank you emails. But you should be sure to
personalize these emails, adding your name in the signature, your personal
story and your fundraising goals.
- Click on the “Contacts” link and
import your address book to save time and reach more people!